2.23.2006

not in a million years

I have to admit I chuckled while reading this article. It appears that the citizens of South Dakota have their minds made up. But I have to laugh because I can't believe there are actually 23 members of the state legislature who sincerely think such a challenge would work. I guess if you're gonna go for it, you might as well go all out. But still, this tops the charts. This is putting way too much faith in the ability of the president to choose reliably ideological SC justices. No five justices on the court would be willing to trash precedent in favor of a law like this. Call me a pessimist, but that's just my professional opinion.

Yes, we should do something about abortion. Just like we need to do something about poverty, and cancer, and drug addiction, and AIDS, and violent crime, and the list goes on. But, as the world record has clearly shown, making abortion illegal is not the answer.