a thought on creationism
In case it should strike you as it struck me...
“Had I been present at the birth of the planet, and some archangel had turned to tell me that the blazing mass I was watching, this whirlpool of unbelievable fire, with its heat of roughly 50 million degrees, this sideshow of celestial fireworks, was on its way to cool and be the cradle of empires and civilizations, that it was on its way to boasting the Parthenon and Michelangelo and DaVinci, and would find room for such things as music and mathematics; that it would feel the tug of war between optimists and pessimists; that it would admit the arrival of Homers and Beethovens and Napoleons and Lincolns --- I want to say I would have listened respectfully, since that is my training, to an archangel predicting such an incredible occurrence out of fire and dust, but I would have determined never to talk with a demented, deranged angel again!”
MacNeill Dixon
“Had I been present at the birth of the planet, and some archangel had turned to tell me that the blazing mass I was watching, this whirlpool of unbelievable fire, with its heat of roughly 50 million degrees, this sideshow of celestial fireworks, was on its way to cool and be the cradle of empires and civilizations, that it was on its way to boasting the Parthenon and Michelangelo and DaVinci, and would find room for such things as music and mathematics; that it would feel the tug of war between optimists and pessimists; that it would admit the arrival of Homers and Beethovens and Napoleons and Lincolns --- I want to say I would have listened respectfully, since that is my training, to an archangel predicting such an incredible occurrence out of fire and dust, but I would have determined never to talk with a demented, deranged angel again!”
MacNeill Dixon